No serious sportsbook can ignore such a major world event as the 2022 Olympic Games.
The internet is awash with predictions and commentary on the upcoming world tournament.
Just like any other sport, the Winter Olympics offer excellent betting opportunities. So bookmaker Vulkanbet will be betting on many disciplines.
Especially for such an important event players expect nice bonuses, fair sports betting odds and more. But first let’s see what games and disciplines are expected.
What is planned
The Olympics will start on February 2 in Beijing, with the Opening Ceremony on February 4. The Closing Ceremony will take place on February 20.
The 2022 Games are expected to bring together 80 national teams and 4,000 athletes.
There will be 109 sets of medals. Prior to the official lighting of the Olympic flame, China and sports betting Canada will host competitions in
● ski freestyle;
● figure skating.
All competitions in Beijing 2022
The Beijing Olympics will be the most gender-balanced in history. Compared to PyeongChang, the percentage of women will increase from 41 to 45.
A total of 15 disciplines will be contested at the 2022 Olympics in seven sports on which online sports betting will be possible:
- Alpine Skiing: Men’s and Women’s Downhill, Slalom, Giant Slalom, Super Giant, Alpine Combined, Mixed Team Parallel Slalom
- Biathlon: Women’s 4×6 km Mixed Relay (W+M), Women’s 15 km Individual race, Men’s 20 km Individual race, Women’s 7.5 km Sprint, Men’s 10 km Sprint, Women’s 10 km Pursuit, Men’s 12.5 km Pursuit, Men’s 4×7.5 km Relay, Women’s 4×6 km Relay, Men’s 15 km Mass start, Women’s 12.5 km Mass start
- Bobsleigh: women’s mono-bob, men’s and women’s doubles, men’s quad
- Cross Country Skiing: Women’s skiathlon 7.5+7.5 km, men’s skiathlon 15+15 km, women’s and men’s freestyle sprint, women’s 10 km classic style race, men’s 15 km classic style race, women’s 4×5 km relay, men’s 4×10 km relay, women’s and men’s classic style team sprint, men’s 50 km freestyle mass start, women’s 30 km freestyle mass start
- Curling: Mixed doubles, men’s and women’s events
- Figure Skating: Men’s and Women’s Single Skating, Ice Dancing, Pairs Skating, Team Competitions
- Freestyle: Women’s and Men’s Mogul, Big Air, Team Acrobatics, Slopestyle, Ski Cross, Halfpipe
- Ice Hockey: Men’s and Women’s competitions
- Luge: Men’s and Women’s Single Sculls, Men’s Doubles, Relay
- Nordic Combined: Big and Normal Ski Jumping/10 km, Relay – Big Ski Jumping/4×5 km
- Short Track: Mixed relay*, men’s 500 m, women’s 500 m, men’s 1000 m, women’s 1000 m, men’s 1500 m, women’s 1500 m, women’s 3000 m relay, men’s 5000 m relay
- Skeleton: men’s and women’s events
- Ski Jumping: Men’s and Women’s normal ski jump, Men’s large ski jump, Team ski jump
- Speed Skating: Men’s and Women’s 500 m, 1000 m, 1500 m, 5000 m, Women’s 3000 m, Men’s 10000 m, Team Race, Mass Start
- Snowboarding: Men’s and Women’s Big Air, Halfpipe, Parallel Giant Slalom, Sloestyle, Snowboard Cross
About Steve Erickson